Tuesday 26 April 2011

Review of work so far & Arrow Idea

I feel my arrow idea has been a good start but i think as a newcomer to the building it would be difficult to navigate with just the use of arrows and an overly arty destination board. So as result i feel my idea, as it stands at the moment, would be a little too confusing and not clear enough with the combination of straight forward info and just arrows; i need to focus more on the informative side of the deisgn now and less on the arty design for the wayfinding part of the building. Secondly,  I think it will still be more than easy for the architect to incorperate the design into the new building as i feel the use of paint doesnt have a lasting effect on the structural design of the building and therefore it means if need be, the design can be modified with reletive ease and without the need to tamper with the actual building itself just the decor side of it all. My design could also be used in the rest of the school due to its simplicity and flexability.
I definitely want expand on the design part of my general idea and not just have arrows. so maybe a nice design feature which easily distinguishs where abouts you are in relation to the rest of the building we be a good improvement on my current idea.
So when reviewing my current ideas at the moment these are the three main tragets i have set for myself:

1) Explore different ways of making the arrow  wayfinding design clearer and easier to navigate with .

2)Explore possible ideas for the Design part of the building e.g, wall pattern designs, colour schemes

3) work on moulding two ideas together

No comments:

Post a Comment